It’s a new year and while everyone heads back to the gym with increased resolve to get healthy, why not also head back to the Bible? A new year holds great possibility for growth in faith and knowledge of our Lord and Savior.
Have you ever read through the Bible? All sixty-six books? The thought can certainly be intimidating. There are a number of ways to go about doing it. It’s important to find a reading plan that works for you.
1. Read from Genesis straight through to Revelation.
2. Read the Old Testament and New Testament simultaneously. There are many reading plans online that provide a few chapters from each testament each day. Do a search for reading through the bible in a year. You can even have the passages emailed to you each day.
3. Some like to read the New Testament first and then the Old Testament.
4. Read the Bible in 90 days. Yes, it is possible to read through the Bible in 90 days! To find the reading plan, click here.
5. Read the Old Testament one year and the New Testament the following year.
6. There is also a bible structured in such a way to help you read the entire Bible in a year. It’s called “The One Year Bible.”
God’s Word is the bread that feeds our soul. Hunger for it and look forward to your time of feasting each day. Don’t allow it to become a chore or something you check off on your list each day. Rather, remember that you are spending time with your Father who desires to satisfy the hunger in your soul. Anticipate great things from your Bible reading this year. “For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.” (Hebrews 4:12)